Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Psst! I Have a Secret!

I don't know if it's still too early for me to have an inside joke with my blogger community... Especially since that's like 3 people.  Well maybe a few more now that I decided to come out of the blogging closet to my friends.  (Am I too self-deprecating for blog humor? I worry sometimes that I come off as whiny when I'm really just being sardonic.)


But here it is, just in case you get it:







I found this on PostSecret, at http://www.postsecret.com, which is going to be the blog that I link to that you should visit (it's part of my mission to pay it forward in the blogging world).  If you haven't heard of PostSecret, you must have been living under a rock for the last 6+ years.

People send in a secret on a post card and Frank Warren chooses about 25 every week to post on the PostSecret blog.  He also has a bunch of books like this one that feature pages with hundreds of secrets.

Here's a great interview with Frank from back in 2007.  He talks about how he became the stranger that millions of people confess their deepest darkest to.  I highly recommend it.

If you want to send in your own secret:

Post Secret
13345 Copper Ridge Rd.
Germantown, MD 20874



(The other side of the postcard I posted above. If you haven't read about my fear of Big Brother, go here)



I saved this secret on my computer years ago because it really resonated with me.  And so, I adopt it as my own, and share it with you:

2 comments: