Sunday, October 17, 2010

I GOTTA DOLLA!

HEY HEY HEY HEY!

Well I finally took the plunge and posted the link to my blog on my Twitter.  This was really hard for me, first because I've never had a blog that was actually public, and second because I wondered what people would think, both about my writing and about the fact that I'm asking people for money.


BUT I GOT A DOLLARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My first buck came from none other than my friend Joe, who's an actor making it out in Chicago.  Look for big things from him, he's wonderfully talented (or at least he was back in college when I saw him four years ago in The Grapes of Wrath, so I can only assume he's freakin phenomenal now) !  Follow him on Twitter @JoeVonBokern .  Thanks so much Joe!

In honor of my rule that I haven't been following very well, I want to post a link to his fantastic blog, Playbills vs. Paying Bills, which you can visit at playbillsvspayingbills.com . He actually co-authors it with two other graduates from my college theatre program, all of whom are amazing, and each of which live in different cities: Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.  All have great stories and (especially) information for actors looking to try their luck in one of the big U.S. cities.  Check them out!





And finally, I have a youtube video to share with yall.  That's right, my first youtube video.




If any of you have seen/remember the movie The Little Rascals, it was one of my favorite movies growing up.  It was based on an old black and white tv show by the same name, and is one of those melting pot cameo movies where everyone and their mother shows up randomly in the movie- including the Olsen twins (love them), Whoopi Goldberg, and even Donald Trump.  When I came upon this video, I had to share it 'cause it's freaking awesome.  And oh-so-relevant!

No comments:

Post a Comment