Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude for Self-Worth

It's Thanksgiving Day, and we all know that it's a time to give thanks - the part that we often forget about when we're seeing family and preparing delicious food.

If we do remember - or, maybe your family even goes around the table and shares what he or she is thankful for - we often give thanks for the blessings in our life, the love we have, the compassion we've received, the time we've got together.

So I'm proposing a challenge to everyone. In light of my recent bout of self-dissatisfaction, I am allowing myself to take a few moments of selfishness on this usually-selfless holiday and recognize the qualities in myself that I am thankful I have - the reasons I am thankful to be me. And I challenge you to do the same, and share some of your findings with me.

I'll go first: I am thankful for my power of perspective. I think I am pretty good at putting myself in someone else's shoes and seeing the world from their point of view. I'm also thankful for my sense of humor. I might be the only one who finds me funny at times, but I'm glad I'm able to entertain myself :-p


So leave your comments! I want to know that there are people out there who love themselves and are able to give gratitude to the universe for making them the unique people they are today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my mind's ability to cope and keep me moving forward. I am thankful for my great imagination.

    ReplyDelete